The mission of New Directions' English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Program is to:
1. Develop English Language Learners' (ELLs) social and instructional language, as well as academic and content vocabulary in the areas of Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, and Mathematics.
2. Incorporate Prince William County's ESOL High School Graduation and Beyond curriculum to explain the process and importance of graduation and explore career/ college options.
3. Encourage and provide opportunities for community involvement, PWCS ESOL scholarship programs (such as night school and summer school), and college scholarships.
- improve English proficiency in reading, writing, listening, and speaking through meaningful, content-based lessons.
- identify strategies for success in high school/ college and take advantage of available opportunities.